Tuesday 21 May 2013

My word, how the time flies!
It seems only a short while ago that I was writing my last blog and now, here we are, in May 2013!
Needless to say, I haven't been at all lazy. My work has taken me all over the place both here and overseas. In fact, I'm getting so many air miles under my belt I think if I ever win the Lottery I shall buy a private jet.
I do love everything I do, from demonstrations to Church services, to teaching at various seminars but, what touches me the most, is the feedback I get from people.
Recently, I had a phone call from a lady in another part of the country. She left a message on my answerphone because, as usual, I was working. When I rang her back she said she was coming down to Sussex to visit her daughter and wondered if I could see her the following week.
My diary is so busy I have people booked up months in advance and, try as I might, I couldn't find anywhere to fit her in. But, as I was searching for an appointment slot, I became aware of a man standing beside me.
I told her, "I have your husband here....." She was overjoyed as I relayed some of the information he gave me. I had to cut the conversation short as I had a client arriving shortly but I asked her to Skype me and we would finish our conversation.
Later that day we spoke via Skype and her husband was a wonderful communicator, giving the minutest details about their life together.  I was so pleased.
She asked how much she owed me and said she would send a cheque in the post but, the emotion of the moment was so raw and so painful it really touched me.  I told her it was a gift from me and from Spirit and it meant the world to me that I had helped them both, albeit in a small way.
A few days later I received a beautiful card from her saying "Dear Marlene, Thank you so much for what you did for me. It was very kind of you. I now feel very happy, you have made such a difference!"
You can't put a price on that, can you?
I also had a lovely surprise when, after my annual demonstration for The Starr Trust, I was approached by a lady who turned out to be the very same lady I had spoken to via Skype! It was lovely to meet her in person and also to know she had contributed to a charity which is very dear to me, by buying a ticket! Spirit does, indeed, work in mysterious ways!

Whilst we're on the subject of money, mediums are often accused of being money-grabbing charlatans and, if I had my way, I wouldn't charge at all.  Such is life though and I still have bills to pay. I also attend training seminars for myself, in order to be stretched and to learn even more as I believe you never know everything. Some of these courses cost enormous amounts of money and this is where a good percentage of the money I earn is spent.
There are often times, though, where I am particularly touched by a reading or a sitter's own energy. Sometimes Spirit will tell me that person can't really afford the sitting, sometimes I just 'know' and it's times like these where I tell them their sitting is a gift from Spirit. 
I never charge bereaved parents either. As a mum myself I can't imagine what they must be going through and their tears of joy are payment enough, as is knowing that I have been able to bring them peace of mind.

I know I will never be able to make anyone 100% better emotionally because even though I can give them proof their loved one is close by, they will still miss their physical presence.  I do know, though, that they leave here a little calmer and happy in the knowledge their child/mother/father/sister/brother etc is little more than a whisper away.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marlene. Having just read your post I felt inspired to write a few lines as I had already heard the story before! I was lucky enough to attend the Starr Trust charity event for the third time and was sitting near to the lady you mention. We struck up a conversation and she told me how wonderful you had been with her reading over the phone and Skype and that she was excited to go and introduce herself to you. It's so lovely to hear that you can bring comfort and understanding to people and although I have yet to have a reading I do feel it will be in the near future. With much love and light, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa, for your lovely comment.
    I'm glad you've been supporting the Starr Trust. They do such wonderful work.
    It was lovely for me to meet the lady in person, she was so sweet and I'm happy I was able to help her.
    I feel so lucky being able to do something which (as I'm always saying to my students) makes my heart sing!
    Come up and introduce yourself next time, it will be good to meet you!
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete